Work Trip The Algarve, June 2016


My work trip to the Algarve was my first experience of Portugal and I was amazed by how beautiful it was. The country has so much to offer and it didn't take me long to be able to explore more of it, as I actually flew to Lisbon for a short stay in February of 2017 with my friends. Porto is next on the list as I've heard some brilliant reviews, but if you have any other recommendations for Portugal let me know. I love having the opportunity to travel on work trips to learn more about some of the top travel destinations, although sometimes it can be hard, as I want to spend all my time exploring but, of course, I can't because I have to get some work done at the same time haha!


 If you fancy trying Portugal yourself, but if you're more into relaxing than sightseeing, then the Algarve is the perfect place to go for you. Vilamoura has a lovely Marina (see above) making it perfect for a relaxed walk around the shops and bars, although keep in mind it's a pretty quiet resort.



Albuferia is much more lively, however, sometimes that isn't always a good thing, as I wasn't that impressed with the 'old town' which seemed to be full of modern and tacky bars. By far the highlight to me was Albuferia Marina, full of funky coloured and geometric buildings as shown below, which offers boat rides across the coastline enabling you to spot the secluded coves and beaches along the way. (Pics above!) If you're luckier than me you might even spot dolphins which would be amazing. The coastline was incredibly picturesque and I have no doubt there would be some gorgeous Portuguese villages outside of the resorts which would be more up my street if I could visit again in my own time.



Comments

Popular Posts