Work Trip Majorca, May 2016 & January 2019

May 2016

I was based in Magaluf on my first work trip - I wasn't sure what to expect but as it was early May, I was a little early for the proper start of the clubbing season. Despite the resort being quiet, the clubs still had pleanty of pushy club touts which I tried to avoid like the plague and instead spend time walking along the beach.



Aside from the reputation of the party resort Magaluf, there are some very picturesque parts of the popular Balearic Island. Palma City is beautiful and has an amazing Cathedral which I, unfortunately, wasn't able to visit whilst I was there but I would suggest it to anyone if they were traveling out there soon. The highlight for me was a visit to the area of Porto Cristo which has a lovely beach with crystal-clear water. Not far from Porto Cristo you can visit the Caves of Drach (above and below) which are well worth it; I had a great time taking pictures during the walk through the caves and at the end of the tour, there is a musical performance which is very atmospheric.



January 2019


My second work trip to Majorca didn't quite go to plan... I ended up getting food poisoning which, as you can imagine, completely put a stop to any travel plans I had for my second week out there. Fortunately I did manage to explore some more things before falling ill!



I wouldn't say I loved the resort I stayed in, Playa de Palma, but its close location to Palma city is a major plus point and the beach was absolutely beautiful - The perfect place to watch the sun set! There's also a great aquarium there which is worth a visit if you enjoy that kind of thing.





By far the best day trip of my visit was the day spent exploring Valldemossa and Sóller, and I would recommend anyone visiting the island of Majorca to make sure they go here. The drive to Valldemossa is beautiful as you go through the mountainous area of the island, and the village itself is absolutely stunning. It is full of lovely shops, little restaurants and coffee shops. The buildings are very pretty too, but the thing that I absolutely fell in love with was the flower pots and flowers all over the village and the local houses. The village was so photogenic!







By the time we arrived in Sóller itself, the sun was setting, so we managed a quick look around the village and then just sat in a cafe by the Cathedral to watch the world go by.







I also did a quick day trip to Ibiza which I couldn't resist doing - The flight was only an hour long, (you can also fly to Menorca in an hour which also looked really cool), and as I've never been to Ibiza before I thought it was the perfect opportunity. As you can imagine it was pretty strange seeing it in January as most of the things I picture when I think of Ibiza, include loads of crowds and people partying! In January I found that most of the time I was exploring I had the streets to myself. The old town of Ibiza really is picturesque and probably is the side of Ibiza that you don't hear much about but it's got a really lovely feel to it. The newer parts of Ibiza town are really nice too with loads of restaurants and nice bars, and the marina is worth a walk around too for some beautiful views over the sea.







Comments

Popular Posts