Work Trip Malta, June 2018



I was absolutely buzzing when I found out I was going to be leading the work trip to Malta as it was on top of my list of new places to visit. I was eager to visit Malta as I had heard a lot of good things from friends, and on top of that, I knew it had a lot of history to it which meant it had the added edge in my opinion, as it wasn't just a 'beachy' holiday. Luckily for me, it exceeded my expectations. I had a great time exploring certain aspects of the island but I definitely want to try and head back because there were a few things I wanted to do but, of course, didn't get time to fit in as I was too busy working. I'll add a list of things that I'd recommend trying to do at the end of this post.



My favourite part of Malta that I was able to see during my four night stay was Valletta, the Capital City. There is so much to see and do, and it really is a beautiful place to walk around. We did a walking tour which was interesting but unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to go into the Saint John's Co-Cathedral so I'm still left wondering what it's like inside. (Amazing apparently... but don't quote me on that) We were lucky enough to be in Valletta on the celebrations for being City of Culture 2018 so we were treated to amazing views over the marina, watching fireworks and light displays from the Upper Barrakka Gardens. And if that wasn't good enough, there was free gin involved, woohoo!







I also really enjoyed my time in another resort called Sliema which is quite a busy modern resort but has great access to the sea which is amazingly crystal clear. Weirdly enough there are a lot of English shops which kind of makes you feel like you're in a bizarrely hot England, but then you turn around and see such a stunning blue ocean and you realise you're definitely abroad! Sliema is also not far from St Julians which is the resort with the most nightlife so you have everything to hand by staying here. There are also plenty of restaurants around the area and I'd definitely recommend trying a pastizzi at some point - they're less than a euro they're absolutely amazing and typically Maltese.   



In my next visit, whenever that will be, I definitely want to visit Mdina which was the Old Capital now known as the 'silent city' as it looks really interesting. Another must-visit is the Blue Lagoon beach which looks absolutely stunning and would be a photographers paradise if you were able to catch it quiet enough! In terms of day trips further afield if you were to get a spare day on your holiday you can easily hop along to the neighboring island of Gozo or even slightly further across to Sicily. The trip to Sicily only takes 90 minutes which I was surprised about, so check out the tours either online or whilst you're on holiday. There's nothing better than seeing two countries in one holiday!



Comments

Popular Posts